In hochwertiger Holzkiste / in a valuable wooden box
Alle unserer Krug-Champagner stammen direkt von LVMH. Somit ist gewährleistet, dass es sich um keine "Wander-Flaschen" handelt und die Champagner immer perfekt gelagert wurden.
"To the delight of collectors around the world, a very limited number of bottles of Krug Vintage are kept in ideal conditions in the House´s cellars. They are tasted and appraised as they wait to blossom into a second life. Krug Vintage then becomes Krug Collection and reveals a new personality. Krug Collection Champagnes are true examples of time sublimation; maturity exposes hidden facets and depth. New flavours surprise, while old ones have gained structure. Krug Collection is always a wonderful discovery, a deeper story of the Krug Vintage. Krug Collection 1988 is time´s second revelation of Krug 1988.
KRUG COLLECTION 1988 IN ESSENCE:
- Krug Collection 1988 is the second life of Krug 1988, a beautiful Champagne of extreme elegance and refinement with perfect roundness and length. It received its cork at the end of 2017.
- To express the character of this year, the composition includes Pinot Noir (50%), Chardonnay (32%) and Meunier (18%) from 21 different villages in the region.
- Now, close to 30 years later, Krug Collection 1988 has become an endlessly facetted Champagne, giving the sensation of infinite layers of elegance, finesse and intensity. It is a truly memorable experience.
KRUG COLLECTION 1988 IS UNIQUE:
- Krug Collection 1988 is part of the House of Krug´s unique trilogy of three exceptional years (1988, 1989, 1990) with completely different climates that resulted in Champagnes that are unique, yet all still very Krug.
- Krug 1988 is an expressive vintage, as opulent and sensual as the vintages of 1982, 1976, 1964 and 1947. The House of Krug decided to present this vintage after Krug 1989 and, as Krug Collection 1988, it comes after both Krug Collection 1989 and 1990.
- The Krug Collection bottles are numbered and leave the House in descending order, thereby revealing how many of these precious Champagnes still remain. They are guaranteed by Krug with a certificate of authenticity signed by Olivier Krug, which can be provided upon request.
THE YEAR OF 1988:
The year 1988 alternated perfectly between heat and rain until harvest, which took place between September 26th and October 6th. It was a year without excesses that created the conditions for a slow maturation while keeping a very high level of freshness. The result was extremely balanced grapes with a perfect equilibrium between freshness and maturity. As it was such a special year, the choice to create Krug 1988 was an obvious one.
- Deep, intense golden colour announcing maturity, opulence, harmony and elegance.
- Exotic, complex nose consisting of white fruits, truffle, spices, honey, slightly browned apples and a hint of high-toned flowers, with a gentle nuttiness in the background.
- Long, fresh and elegant palate, it is full of sensations: orange blossom, dried figs, ripe quince, mild spices such as cinnamon and ginger combined with tones of maple syrup, dark chocolate, coffee, honey, as well as roasted notes. It has a crystal and long finish with undertones of mineral and spices.
FOOD & WINE PAIRING INSPIRATION:
Krug Collection 1988´s delicacy and elegance contrast deliciously with rich, unctuous dishes such as turbot in hollandaise sauce, bass in butter, chicken with cream sauce and desserts with a base of dried fruits and almonds. Dishes bearing hints of vanilla would also be wonderful companions, enlivening the most daring of palates.
|Flaschengröße:||75 cl - Bouteille, Normalflasche|
|Rebsorte:||50% Pinot Noir, 32% Chardonnay und 18% Meunier|
|Ausbau:||Gärung in neuen pièce (205l), Ausbau in ca. 35 Jahre alten Holzfässern, Reifung auf der Hefe (sur lattes) von mind. 12 Jahren, anschließend ca. 19 Jahre Flaschenreife in den Kellern von Krug|
|Boden:||Belemnit-Kreide-Böden mit geringem Lehm-Anteil|
|Alkoholgehalt:||12,5 % vol|
|Hersteller:||Krug, Hennessy 1, rue de la Richonne 16101 Cognac, Frankreich|
|Geschmacksangabe:||herb (unter 12g Zucker/l)|